Hard to know where to begin, there are so many “myths” out there. (That blogs are a good way to get feedback on the quality of your writing?)

Then again, I’m not sure that I get the myths thing.

Is there something to be said about anonymity among science bloggers?

I ask because yesterday I was reading a blog by an anonymous scientist (I assume) and one observer dismissed the writer on the grounds that they refused to use their real name.

As this blog was really no more than an opinion piece on climate coverage, there’s certainly a temptation to wonder if the anonymous writer really is in any position to say anything that readers should take seriously.

Is it a myth that anonymity in science blogging is good/bad?

MK