Thanks.
Pent cost?
Pent...One long in city pent. Milton started it, I think; and the Romantics
followed. Wordsworth, keats. Middle English, contained etc.
Pentecost is out of Greek for 50 surely
A cist is a small burial chamber. The kind of thing that Elid describes
exists - a long cist - but not perhaps on Scilly. I'm not sure; I'm no
archaeological expert. Much of what I have seen on Scilly has been
"Porthcressa types", Porthcressa being a place on Scilly. Theyre a few
inches square with ashes in them. But a (depressed) man can dream and Elid
is a little bit depressed.
I don't think there is any cist anywhere that could be entered and left as
he describes; but maybe I  misunderstand him