Dear Colleagues,
We are taking bookings until October 31st for "Knowledge organization goes mobile" - ISKO UK afternoon meeting at City University London, 5th November 2014

Mobile phones, tablets, text messaging, etc., everybody's doing it, doing it... but are we doing it - we the Knowledge Organization (KO) community? Are we doing it effectively? Are we applying mobile methods to our core KO interests? Is KO taking full advantage of the opportunities to reach our end-users wherever they go? Come to the City University on Wednesday 5 November afternoon to think some more about these questions.

Generously hosted by the City University, this half-day meeting will focus on ways of organizing information to take advantage of mobile technology. Papers and posters explore the challenges of organizing and delivering information via mobile platforms including mobile phones and tablets to support mobile working. The meeting includes reports on technology solutions that enable users to locate and interact with information in a variety of information formats and media. There will also be posters disseminating the latest research by PhD students in the leading departments around the UK.
Speakers include:
- Max Whitby of Touchpress, organizing information for us on iPads;
- John Baker and Tom Crane of Digirati, on optimizing for a mobile environment at the Wellcome library;
- Sharon Richardson of Joining Dots Ltd, who advocates "Bring your own... everything!";
- Amir Naghsh, London School of Economics, who describes "Women’s walks", a project of the LSE Library  using smartphone technology.

As usual the afternoon will be FREE for ISKO members and full-time students, and just £40  for non-members.   For details  and booking, see www.iskouk.org/events/mobileKO_Nov_2014.htm.

Please pass this invitation on to any colleagues who may be interested.

Hoping to see you there,
Anna Harvey,  ISKO UK
http://www.iskouk.org
https://twitter.com/ISKOUK