Dear Colleagues

I am working on a report for Public Health England on the causes of health inequalities experienced by children (age =<18) with intellectual disability. As part of this I’m trying to identify studies that address any of the following issues.

1.      The association between indicators of socio-economic position or socio-economic status (e.g., poverty, hardship, parental occupational status, parental education) and the health (physical or mental) of children with intellectual disability.

2.      The association between adversities associated with low socio-economic position (e.g., exposure to violence, less optimal parenting, family instability, social exclusion) and the health (physical or mental) of children with intellectual disability.

3.      Inequalities in access to timely/effective health care experienced by children with intellectual disability.

While I will be doing the usual searches, this sparse literature is often difficult to locate so I’d be really grateful for any leads.  All support will be acknowledged in the final report!

Thanks in anticipation

Eric Emerson

Professor of Disability Population Health

Centre for Disability Research and Policy

University of Sydney

PO Box 170
Lidcombe NSW 1825
Australia

http://sydney.edu.au/health-sciences/cdrp/

and

Emeritus Professor of Disability & Health Research
Centre for Disability Research
Lancaster University

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/cedr/

Please note that while I attempt to reply to emails as soon as possible, I now only work two days a week.

Please consider the environment before printing my email.