Thanks, Jeremy. Would this be the same high loads seen in xroot by Liverpool and RALT1?

I am not sure adding GridFTP would help...?

-j

On 21/10/2014 09:41, Jeremy Coles wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite"> Forwarding to the storage list - no TB-SUPPORT responses that I could see.

Jeremy

Begin forwarded message:

From: L Kreczko <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: xrootd (CMS) load-balancing
Date: 16 October 2014 16:48:39 BST
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Dear experts,

A few months ago I've installed the xrootd service (xrootd4) on our
StoRM SE (lcgse02.phy.bris.ac.uk). However, the load is is becoming
very high.
Hence I would like to add our gridFTP servers to do their part.

Looking through the infinite depths of the internet I've found the
following documentation:
https://twiki.grid.iu.edu/bin/view/Storage/HadoopXrootd
http://xrootd.org/doc/prod/cms_config.htm#_Toc339484335

From which I understand that:
- I need to configure our SE with the roles 'server' and 'manager'
(or 'supervisor'?)
- each gridFTP server is configured with role 'server' with
all.manager pointing to the SE

Is it really this simple or am I missing something?
Do I need to change the storage.xml at all (I've seen RAL T1 using a
xrootd-proxy)?
What setup runs at your site?

Cheers,
Luke

 Dr Lukasz Kreczko            +44 (0)117 928 8724
 CMS Group
 School of Physics
 University of Bristol

Scanned by iCritical.