Hi Arindam,

[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
                             I have evidences of melting as previous literature (reported from different places of the world). In my study area, cataclastic generated pseudotachylite and melt generated pseudotachylite both are present. So there is not confusion to distinguish these pseudotachylites as cataclastic pseudotachylite and melt generated pseudotachylite.

-->in order to identify if melting took place you HAVE to do SEM analysis. Even when there is no glass (you have to check e.g. by EBSD or TEM) you have to check if there are some indirect evidence of melting, for example corona structures, droplets, embayed clasts ec.

only light microscope analysis is not sufficient: without SEM analyis you never can conclude if melting took place in your rocks.

Cheers

Michel