And here’s the link to the resources on our own site!:    http://www.iwm.org.uk/learning/resources/learning-resources

From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Charlie Keitch
Sent: 23 October 2014 09:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Question about e-learning resources from Museums

Hello,

We have been sharing our new learning resources, via both our own website and the TES resources site.

We would prefer people to use the resources via our own site, as this allows us to provide context and drive teachers towards other relevant content on our site.  The launch of the resources has definitely helped drive visits to the learning pages of iwm.org.uk which have risen significantly since we launched the first resource in September 2013.

Hosting the material on our own site has also allowed us to develop content and an approach which responds directly to our own evaluation into what teachers want from online learning resources.  The resources are not perfect, and we hope that the next iteration will make them more user friendly for teachers.   I will be discussing this in more detail at the Digital Learning Network’s upcoming event looking at Digital Learning and the First World War:  http://www.digitallearningnetwork.net/event/digital-learning-and-the-first-world-war/.

However, we have also made versions of the resources available via TES as it is a platform which teachers tend to use.  I think a large part of this appeal is that most schools have a good old fashioned hard copy of TES floating around the staff room and this drives visits to their website.  The downside to this is that you are more constricted in terms of how you can present content.  Our public profile on TES can be seen here:  http://www.tes.co.uk/imperialwarmuseums.

Thanks,

Charlie Keitch

Digital Learning Officer

Imperial War Museums