From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark Jenkinson
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2014 2:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] Distorion corrections of DWI data

Dear Gabriel,

In order to correct for distortions you either need images with reversed phase-encode directions (for use with topup) or a fieldmap (magnitude/phase pair, for use with BBR).  We cannot calculate the distortions directly from a T2 image or b=0 images (unless you have a set of b=0 images where some have different phase-encode directions).

All the best,

Mark