Hi Zsuzsi,

The problem is caused by the display range that FSLView defaults to when viewing your sphere image. Change it to something more sensible, and the image should look fine.

You will need to binarise the image in order to use it as a mask, using a threshold specific to the generated sphere image.

Cheers,

Paul