Ella,

In principle connectivity can be extracted from BOLD and ASL data, but BOLD is generally better since it has a higher temporal resolution. However, ASL gives you the ability to quantify absolute perfusion so you can also examine physiological changes between baseline and intervention. In theory something like a dual-echo method might give you both bits of information, but that might take some more work.

Michael