Hi

I wanted to check a couple things about my use of Randomise...

My design matrix is a two sample t-test with covariates of no interest (8 categorial regressors for different scan centres and 3 continuous regressors which I've demeaned before entering them into the design matrix). The inputs are Z-transformed resting state data.

1) I get an error saying "Design matrix uses different groups (for different variances), but these do not contain separable EVs for the different groups... Ignore if you're intending to use the groups file to define exchangeability blocks for randomise". If I understand correctly this is for repeated measures rather than comparing two independent groups. Should I ignore this message?

2) as I don't model a constant should I be using the -D flag as well?

3) for a voxel-wise regressor like grey matter volume, is it enough to specify the file when setting up the design matrix or are then any extra flags I need to use when running randomise?

Thanks for your help!
Josh