Hi Michael,

Randomise needs fewer assumptions and can be used in higher level designs
with complete data as these without difficulties. The most important bit,
however, refers to violation of compound symmetry for between-subjects
factors, which can lead to incorrect (possibly inflated) error rates. This
has been discussed in the list a few times and is mentioned briefly in the
FSL-GLM manual.

It's safe to use randomise, but one would have to run it twice: one for the
contrasts that are within-subject, another for those between-subject. For
mixed factors (within and between-subjects) the current version cannot yet
deal with it, but a solution will become available soon I hope.

All the best,

Anderson