Dear List Members,

Thank you all for your earlier messages on this topic. I have been
following the instructions for setting up son of grid engine on a single 32
core centos 6.5 machine  from http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/FslSge.
However, I am stuck at the QMaster step, where the ./install_qmaster
command results in the following error:

Unsupported local hostname
--------------------------

The current hostname is resolved as follows:

Hostname: localhost.localdomain
Aliases: localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4 localhost
vhapalintersect localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
localhost vhapalintersect
Host Address(es): 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1

It is not supported for a Grid Engine installation that the local hostname
contains the hostname "localhost" and/or the IP address "127.0.x.x" of the
loopback interface.
The "localhost" hostname should be reserved for the loopback interface
("127.0.0.1") and the real hostname should be assigned to one of the
physical or logical network interfaces of this machine.

Installation failed.

Any suggestions on what I am doing incorrectly would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Salil Soman, MD, MS