Hi Martin

I would say the board would have to call for a  further sample to moderate and either uphold the previous moderator’s decisions or not.  The fact that the original sample meant an adjustment for the cohort is a reflection on the standard of marking across the cohort not just those who were part of the sample – in theory that would mean that another sample would produce the same result.

It is a shame that they lost the original sample but I wouldn’t say it was grounds for an inflated result I’m afraid.

Happy Friday!

Sarah

Sarah Cassel-Gerard

Examinations Officer