Overdiagnosis as an extreme form of length-time bias. Breast cancer screening as an example.
http://equipocesca.org/en/english-overdiagnosis-as-an-extreme-form-of-length-time-bias-breast-cancer-screening-as-an-example/
-sincerely
-Juan Gérvas, MD, PhD

Thanks Juan,
The whole 'move' on over-diagnosis (I agree there is real over-diagnosis problem) seems to portray the situation or problem as being caused by 'us' the clinicians or the medical 'establishment'. Although there is that, is there much work done/being considered on the role of the patients/ carers/ parents in that? Many are Pushing clinicians to 'find' a diagnosis, a cause..? This is what I see commonly in my practice: seeing the 'worried well' probably more than what we do 'worrying the well'.

Of course there is the chicken & egg situation: we pushed for overdiagnosis, our work is accessible to the public, they become aware, they come asking for diagnosis, we push for more work on diagnosis...

Majid