Hello everyone

In the last and current academic years I have been
teaching groups studying for E3 S&L ESOL exams
as part of  students applications for Indefinite Leave
to Remain.

We use EdExcel as our examinin board, and we note
that when students pass E3 S&L they receive a 'notification
of performance' rather than a certificate, on the basis
that they have not passed reading and writing exams.

The organisation with which my employer partner
has OISC registration allowing them to provide advice
on immigtration and asylum matters to indivuals.
Our partner now tells us that there problems with the
Home Office since the document is a 'notification of
performance' rather than a 'certificate'.  Has anyone
else heard of problems with this ?

Regards

Dominic Clarke

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
To contact the list owner, send an email to