Hello all,

Thank you to all those of you who have registered already for this meeting and to those who have sent through their apologies. This is a reminder that registration closes on 7th October so please register using the link below if you would like to attend this meeting as spaces are limited. An updated final agenda is also attached.

The next meeting of the Jisc Learning and Teaching Practice Experts Group will be taking place on Wednesday 15th October from 10:30 – 16:00 at Maple House in Birmingham.

We are delighted to say that this will be the 33rd meeting of this valued group. The agenda for the meeting together with the online booking form is now available from: http://www.jisc.ac.uk/whatwedo/programmes/elearningpedagogy/elearningexperts/oct14.aspx

As always we have an exciting and packed agenda. We will be starting the meeting with a discussion of the findings from an initial ‘landscape review’ of Electronic Management of Assessment activity across UK HE and FE led by Gill Ferrell and Lisa Gray. The session will provide an opportunity for participants to engage with the findings, add to, refine and prioritise the challenges identified as well as exploring actionable insights to take forward in the next phase of work.  See http://ema.jiscinvolve.org/wp/ for further details about this project.

This session will be followed by an update from Rhona Sharpe and Metaxia Pavlakou, on the FE Digital Student project. The group will receive an update on the findings from an initial review of the literature and will be encouraged to compare the findings with their own knowledge and experiences. There will be opportunities after the session for group members to feed findings from their own local evaluations into the review.  Further information on this project is available from http://digitalstudent.jiscinvolve.org/wp/fe-and-skills-digital-student-study/

After lunch members will have the opportunity of selecting one of three sessions to contribute to around new Jisc work in the areas of Effective Learning Analytics, Building digital capability and Scaling up online learning.

We will end the day with our excellent Members Showcase sessions highlighting innovative work which members are undertaking. The session will run as three 25 minute roundtable discussions run twice, offering members the opportunity of attending two of the three sessions.  We are looking forward to three excellent sessions including:

Session 1:  Thinking Beyond Me-Portfolios - Shane Sutherland, Pebble Learning and David Eddy, Sheffield Hallam University

Session 2: Supporting online collaboration for design – Mark Childs, Coventry University

Session 3:  DISCOVER: Digital Inclusion Skills for Carers bringing Opportunities, Value and Excellence - Nigel Wynne, Birmingham City University

Jisc will cover the travel and subsistence expenses of members attending meetings, up to the value of £150 on receipt of a completed expenses claim form and original receipts.  Further guidance on how to claim expenses is available from http://www.jisc.ac.uk/whatwedo/programmes/elearningpedagogy/elearningexperts.aspx

We are using the Twitter #jiscexperts14 for the meeting.

We look forward to welcoming you to this meeting and to some stimulating discussion.

Best regards,

Sarah

Jisc

Sarah Knight

Senior Co-Design Manager, Student Experience

M 077 477 679 44
Skype Sarahkjisc
Twitter @sarahknight
One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA

PLease note I only work Monday - Thursday

jisc.ac.uk

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB 882 5529 90. Jisc’s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800. jisc.ac.uk