Hi Resiliencers

I have to admit that I have been quite impressed recently by the efforts being made by the UK EPC to integrate wider perspectives, than those we might normally associate with ‘traditional’ civil protection practitioners (e.g. the collaborative “Neither seen nor heard” conference on the unique needs of children in emergencies).  Accordingly, I am happy to put out the details of this upcoming seminar that may be of interest to some of you.

Best wishes

Hugh

 19th - 20th November 2014

The link between interoperability and learning lessons...

The question of HOW we turn lessons identified within inquiries into ‘embedded practice’ has been deliberated over by emergency management professionals for decades.

This seminar marks a watershed moment, as we take the profession into a new era.

At last, we are able to demonstrate how changes that have previously been identified are being implemented into real life scenarios. Now more than ever practices are being strengthened by a diverse range of practitioners who are using evidence based methodologies to directly implement interoperability.

Essential for all multi-agency partners this, the latest thought provoking and topical subject in our renowned seminar series will explore the multi-agency approach and the current thinking around it. This will give you the opportunity to hear from individuals involved in the Joint Emergency Services Interoperability Programme (JESIP), share the latest practice and highlight the lessons learnt moving forward

There is representation from key agencies, including discussions from Paul Sledzik, Head of Family Assistance for the National Transport Safety Board (NTSB), speaker slots from key member of JESIP and led by Dr Rob MacFarlane, Assistant Director of Training and Doctrine for the Cabinet Office.

Come and hear the latest thinking from the subject matter experts and find out what lessons we have learned.

For more information please visit our website:

www.epcollege.com/learninglessons

Or reserve a place on 01347 825056

*Please note the price includes one nights accommodation, dinner, breakfast and lunch.

www.epcollege.com | 01347 825056 | E: [log in to unmask]

Hugh Deeming, BSc., Ph.D.

Senior Research Assistant (emBRACE*), Engineering & Environment (Geography)

T:  +44 (0)1524-770992

M: +44 (0)7726-943499

E:  [log in to unmask]

A210, Ellison Building, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8ST, United Kingdom

Skype: hugh.deeming

Twitter: hughdeeming@HasisD

*Building Resilience Amongst Communities in Europe www.embrace-eu.org |

Join us in the resilience debate at: [log in to unmask]