From: A forum for critical and radical geographers [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of D'Arcus, Bruce [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CFP, AAG 2015: Geographies of Citizenship and Dissent

CFP: Geographies of Citizenship and Dissent

This is an interactive paper session designed to encourage discussion and dialogue around how citizenship and dissent plays out in and between a diverse array of material and mediated spaces: from traditional public squares, to social media platforms, to commercial centers or workplaces.

Potential issues may include:

  • Occupy/ Culture Jamming

  • Ferguson/ Policing/ Riots

  • Squatting

  • Surveillance

  • E-Graffiti/Hacktivism

  • Social Movements

  • Border Militia

Session will be sponsored by the Cultural Geography and Communications Geography specialty groups.

If interested, please contact Bruce D'Arcus ([log in to unmask]) by October 24 (though obviously, the sooner the better!).

--
Bruce D'Arcus
Associate Professor and Chair