From: Contaminated Land Management Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michael Moore P
Sent: 17 October 2014 14:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Threshold values for metals in soils

I have investigated a number of allegations that horses have been poisoned due to contaminants in soil, every case it is due to Ragwort poisoning, not soil contamination.

Horses also eat grass, grass close contact with soil, humans as a rule don’t eat grass.  Unless ordered to by a former French Queen!

Michael Moore P

Senior Officer (Environment)

Public Protection

Phone 01706 924107