Dear cc4bb enthusiasts,
This is slightly off topic but many protein crystallographers might be
familiar with this problem.

I have been trying to over-express a bacterial (non-E.Coli) protein  in
E.Coli and more than 80% goest to inclusion bodies.

I tried the following

Lowering the IPTG concentration to 0.1mM (range test from 0.075 mM - 0.5 mM)

Cold shock for 30 minutes in ice before induction

Slow rotation speed at 18 degrees O/N after induction

While these steps helped a bit I still get about 50-60% of my protein in
inclusion bodies.

I would like to know what other steps do you suggest to enhance the yield
in the soluble fraction (without changing the host strain or manipulating
the DNA)

Thanks in advance
Ivan