I remember seeing them play in Birkenhead – after crossing the water on the ferry: Little Richard was on the same bill!

I caught the end of ‘Cilla’ (after trying to resist it). I didn’t notice Bobby’s accent … so I guess it was ok. (But it’s a long time since I have been back.) I was curious/bothered about a biopic about someone still alive to watch it.

I hadn’t heard that …

Robert

From: British & Irish poets [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tim Allen
Sent: 03 October 2014 11:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Kate Tempest etc

Yes Robert. I do. Ringo played drums for them before he joined the Beatles. Did you watch 'Cilla'? I was in Liverpool last week (for a poetry thing of course) and Michael Egan was complaining about the false scouse accent of the actor playing Bobby Willis, but to my untrained ears he seemed fine. I'll learn.

I'd need to look it up but I have a feeling that Rory Storm (whatever his real name was) was found dead with his mother, back in the 70's sometime. But I might be mixing him up with someone else.

And as far as I know Kate Tempest is the lady's real name.

Cheers

Tim