Hi Dave. I still have nightmares about being at a party where everyone ignores you completely - it happened to me once when I was about 7 - I think all the other kids were middle class and knew instinctively that I wasn't. Or maybe they were all mainstreamers and realised that I was other. I never forgave my mum for dragging me there.

Your "I find an additional delight in being excluded from being 'working-class' by the cultural management because I don't write about 'community' reminds me of a shed-load of familiar issues connected with the up-side-down politics of art in the community. We have referred to them here on the list in the past but it was something which didn't appear to be an issue for others - except Richard Mallin maybe, and Tilla. Hi Tilla!

Cheers

Tim