Dear All

We are in the early stages of procurement of new IT systems for the whole of the student journey. Two large suppliers that are in the mix at the moment are Tribal SITS and Ellucian (Banner).

I would welcome any views/experiences you are able to share with me, off list, if you have/are working with those systems and suppliers for recruitment, CRM, admissions, Tier 4 sponsor duties, portal or indeed any part of the student journey.

How flexible and responsive are they to change; are they keeping pace in a timely manner with Tier 4 changes and similar??
Do you use end to end products from one supplier or has your institution chosen to bring in other elements eg for CRM where there is a better solution- if so does this reflect limitations of the product?
To want extent and ease can you make changes yourselves eg to add or change new fields, set up business rules or create online forms?
How easy is it to track a student journey from start to end and work with multiple applications per applicant (eg pre-sessional plus degree)?
Does currlculum structure data dovetail easily with admissions data?
Any comment on support through implementation or post implementation? Do you feel they understand the client need and changes in HE?
Ability to track partnership effectiveness eg linking to progression agreements and recruitment agent management?

If you have recently gone through implementation I wonder if you could share with me how long it has taken to reach an effective operational level with the system for the admissions phase and any tips in getting there.

Many thanks for any insight you can give, which of course will be only used internally to get an essence of the user perspectives, not shared with the suppliers!

Best wishes, Sheila
Mrs Sheila Dowling
Head of Admissions Service
University of Hull