Dear Joan
Happy to hear this, but can you confirm it is indexed in IBSS (proquest?).
We have to submit to certain journals.
Lx

LESLEY WOOD
Research Professor
Faculty of Education Sciences
(Potchefstroom Campus)
NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY
POTCHEFSTROOM
South Africa
Co-editor: Educational Research for Social Change.http://ersc.nmmu.ac.za
Tel +27-18-299 4770
Mobile:  +27 082 296 9202
Fax+27-18-299 4788
Fax to e mail:0862386933
http://www.nwu.ac.za

Vrywaringsklousule / Disclaimer: http://www.nwu.ac.za/it/gov-man/disclaimer.html
>>> Joan Walton <[log in to unmask]> 2014/10/09 02:26 PM >>>

Dear All
I am writing to let you know about a new on-line journal that has recently been published - International Journal for Transformative Research.
The journal has its origins in a colloquium entitled Researching Our Own Practice, which I organised at Liverpool Hope University in July 2013. One intention was to produce an edited book from the papers presented at the colloquium; but as there were so many of a high standard, it was decided by the planning committee to create a journal prior to publishing a book.
The International Journal for Transformative Research is an open access journal, which has its 'home' in the International Centre for e-Innovation and Workplace Learning at Dublin City University, with Dr Margaret Farren as the main Editor. A formal contract has been agreed between Dublin City University and De Gruyter, a publisher which has an excellent reputation in the world of academia (see http://degruyteropen.com/de-gruyter-open-starts-operation-with-dublin-city-university/ )
This first issue is available at http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/ijtr. Along with the Editorial Advisory Board, there is already an international group of editors and reviewers, which will grow over the following months. The website itself will be developing as the journal expands.
The journal is to be published bi-annually (September and March). We hope that many of you will be interested to submit an article for review. The aims and scope, a link to author guidelines, and the contents of the first issue, are included at the end of this email.
We hope you enjoy the first issue of the International Journal for Transformative Research.
With best wishes,
Joan
,
Aims and scope
The creation of the International Journal for Transformative Research (IJTR) emerged out of a belief that professionals in any work setting can research their own practice with transformative outcomes for themselves and others. The Editorial Board welcomes submissions for peer review which provide accounts of first hand experiences where the researcher has experienced a transformational shift in the values, attitudes, beliefs and/or behaviour as a consequence of researching their own practice; or alternatively can give an account of how they have had a transformational influence on individuals, groups, organisations or the wider communities to which they belong. The journal will consider theoretical or conceptual analyses of any aspect of transformation or transformative research; however these analyses must be integrated into an explanation of the research itself, and the analyses need to illuminate explicitly how the research has had a transformative impact.
We recognise that the experience of transformation is a personal one: the articles printed in this journal will therefore communicate the stories of the authors themselves, rather than author's writing about the transformation of others in a way that suggests a separation and disconnection between themselves and other. We are aware that many professionals are psychologically supported in their work in diverse ways; for example, through the quality of their relationships, through values that are important to them, or through spiritual beliefs and practices that are experienced as nourishing and sustaining. We would like to encourage researchers to feel comfortable and confident in sharing, through their writing, any aspect of their inner subjective experiences which is relevant to their inquiries. Whilst doing this, it is important to pay attention to the question of validation of any claims to knowledge made as a consequence of researching their own practice.
Guide for Authors http://www.degruyter.com/view/supplement/s23535415_Guide_for_Authors.pdf
Volume 1, Issue 1 (Sep 2014)
· Foreword (Bart McGettrick)
· Vanishing Point - or Meeting in the Middle? Student/Supervisor Transformation in a Self-Study Thesis (Dee Pratt and Beth Peat)
· What can the 'Transpersonal' Contribute to Transformative Research? (Joan Walton)
· Developing Researcherly Dispositions in an Initial Teacher Education Context: Successes and Dilemmas (Mary Roche)
· Researching Our Own Practice: An Individual Creative Process and a Dialogic-Collaborative Process: Self Knowledge is the Beginning of Wisdom. Margaret Farren and Yvonne Crotty)
· Promoting a Creative Educational Entrepreneurial Approach in Higher Education (Yvonne Crotty)

To unsubscribe from the ARAN list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ARAN&A=1