Statistical Data Analyst  - Permanent – Salary Negotiable - Oxfordshire, UK

We are seeking a statistically driven and statistical candidate to work in the position of a Statistical Data Analyst. In this role you will be responsible for determining data requirements, develop data mining processes and providing technical guidance. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of an advanced statistical tool such as Python and R.

Role & Responsibilities

•             Undertake specific data analysis and research tasks to support strategic operational decisions.
•             Write and analyse complex SQL queries for standard and ad hoc data mining purposes.
•             Explore data to recognise opportunities to improve business results.
•             Provide technical guidance to the team on data mining processes.
•             Produce reports and convey complex ideas through power point presentations for managers and the senior leadership team.
•             Develop data mining processes for large data files used in various operations development teams.
•             Conclude commercial insight from complex analysis and statistical modelling.
•             Determine team data requirements and validate information for the means of statistical testing.
•             Recognise opportunities to improve the operational productivity through statistical modelling.
•             Report on a weekly basis on progress, issues and strategic directions.

Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required

•             PhD/MSc studies within a Maths, Statistics, Computer Science field
•             Experience within a commercial environment
•             Experience using either all or a few of the following technologies for data manipulation and extraction purposes: SAS, R, Excel, Python, Access.
•             Ability to assess and prioritise user requirements.
•             A proven track record of providing reports to senior management when required.
•             Creativity and ability to generate ideas on how data can be reported.

If you fit the above job description please contact Roisin McCarthy on 01256 314 660 or email [log in to unmask] Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.

Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes!  If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us.  For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.

SIGNOFF allstat