Dear colleagues,

We are happy to announce that we are ready to call for papers for the 7th Israeli Conference for the Study of Contemporary Religion and Spirituality, organized by the Program in Religious Studies at Tel Aviv University, which will take place during 3-4 May 2015.

This conference will continue the tradition which was formed at the University of Haifa during 2009-2012, and last two years at Tel Aviv University. This event can be a good opportunity for researchers working outside of Israel to learn more about the country's bustling New-Age 'scene' and about development in the research on contemporary spirituality in Israel.

The forthcoming conference will mark 50 years to the passing of Martin Buber, and will focus on attitudes towards Hasidism, Neo-Hasidism and the concept of Nature in Contemporary Religion and Spirituality. This theme should not limit proposals in any other research topics relevant to the study of Contemporary Religion and Spirituality.

Our guests of honor and keynote speakers will be Prof. Shaul Magid (Indiana University, USA) and Dr. Graham Harvey (Open University, UK). You can read the conference's CFP here, and paper/symposium proposal forms can be found here.

Please feel free to circulate our CFP in your private e-mail lists. We will of course be very happy to receive your own proposals by November 30 2014, addressed to Mr. Shai feraro (Conference Coordinator), spirituality.tel.aviv@gmail.com

Kind Regards,

Conference Chairpersons
Prof. Ron Margolin (Tel Aviv University)
Dr. Tomer Persico (Tel Aviv University)

Conference Coordinator
Mr. Shai Feraro (Tel Aviv University)