From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nicholas Campion
Sent: 10 October 2014 17:47
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Magic and the Beats

Hi Ethan,

Yes, very helpful thanks.

Perhaps I should explain for everyone what my book is about.

It’s a dual history of the idea of the Aquarian Age the New Age from the late 18th c up to the 2012 Maya Calendar affair.

One idea that has always perplexed me is the claim that the ‘New Age Movement’ is a ‘post 1960s’, ‘post counter-cultural phenomenon’.

This idea is reinforced, for those who believe it, by the general editing out of the esoteric, magical and occult from many regular accounts of the 1960s. I need to put that content back in, in order to complete my narrative.

There is clearly a huge scope for historians of magical, occult and esoteric matters, and many important studies to be conducted.

Best wishes to all,

Nick