Aloha,

Casually surfing WWI military history, I started to click through Wikipedia's
list of British divisions in WWI. The British Army organized itself into Regular
Army, Territorial Force, and New Army divisons. Beginning with the Guards
Division. (Wikipedia has a useful color charting of this organization.)

WWI divisions, which were often a new level of organization and command
in combatants' armies, often had identifying insignia. The proliferation of such
insignia in the AEF divisions probably spurred my curiousity about other
Armies.

In any case, the Guards division used the insignia of the all-seeing eye.
Not, however, the typical eye in triangle imagery.

This made me wonder just how common occult or magical symbols were
used in relatively modern military heraldry (broadly construed to include
nose art and such.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_divisions_in_World_War_I

Musing Poppies! Rose,

Pitch