*** Please circulate widely ***
*** Sincere apologies for cross-posting ***

HAU: Journal of Ethnographic Theory brings you a treat for Halloween:
“Translating Worlds: The Epistemological Space of Translation”
Special Issue: Volume 4, Issue 2
Guest edited by William Hanks and Carlo Severi
Including Book Symposia on Eduardo Kohn’s How forests think: Toward an
anthropology beyond the human and Davi Kopenawa and Bruce Albert’s The
falling sky: Words of a Yanomami shaman; a translation of Denis Vidal's
influential essay "The three graces, or the allegory of the gift"; and the
seminal Marett Lectures from Max Gluckman on moral crises and magic.
Contributions by: William Hanks, Carlo Severi, Rupert Stasch, Anne-Christine
Taylor, Alan Rumsey, Adam Yuet Chau, Carlos Fausto and Emmanuel de Vienne,
John Leavitt, G .E .R. Lloyd, Gisli Palsson and César Enrique Giraldo
Herrera, Anand Pandian, Marisol de la Cadena, Bruno Latour, Philippe
Descola, Eduardo Kohn, Pedro Cesarino, Roy Wagner, Peter Gow, Emmanuel de
Vienne, Jadra Mimica, Janice Boddy, Bruce Albert, Denis Vidal, and Max
Gluckman.
Download, Circulate, Share, and Enjoy HAU's special gift.
http://bit.ly/1s0tIQU
------------------------------------
HAU's family continues to grow
We would like to take this opportunity to thank and welcome the newest
members of our Network of Ethnographic Theory (HAU-N.E.T.): the library at
Oslo University, the Department of Anthropology at University of Queensland,
and the Department of Anthropology and Social Change at the California
Institute of Integral Studies. We are immensely grateful for our partners'
openness, vision, and support. HAU-N.E.T. today consists of 27 very brave
institutions that have invested in innovation and the future of open access
anthropology.
More supporters are joining our movement every month. Should your
department, institution, or library wish to join our Network and help
support Open Access anthropology, please write to us:
------------------------------------
Coming in November: The HAU App
We are pleased to inform you that we are fixing the last few details, but
next month you will be able to read our articles and books with ease on the
new, free HAU App (for iPhone, Android, and compatible tablets). Along with
the app release, we shall be announcing some excellent news about our book
publishing partnership with University of Chicago Press.
------------------------------------
HAU: Journal of Ethnographic Theory now indexed by Scopus
Excellent news for HAU and for all our existing and future authors: as we
continue to bring you our treasure trove of free gifts, we are thrilled to
announce that HAU's application to be indexed by Scopus has been accepted.
By early 2015, we will complete HAU's inclusion in all high-profile index
and aggregation services, therefore ensuring the longevity and
wide-dissemination of our articles.
------------------------------------
"Ancestors": Interviews by Alan Macfarlane
As part of HAU's ongoing initiatives and collaborations in digital
anthropology, we are delighted to bring you archives of anthropological
videos and films from around the world. The editorial team will update these
archives periodically. Should you be interested in hosting your film or
video archive on the HAU website, please send a letter of inquiry to our
editorial assistant in charge of visual archives, Elizabeth Saleh
HAU begins this initiative with the "Ancestors" project: a hosting of some
of Alan Macfarlane's popular interviews with our anthropological ancestors
(agnatic and affinal). Check out the videos, along with descriptions and
transcriptions of the interviews here:
www.haujournal.org/haunet/macfarlane.php

Download as much as you like.
Circulate. Print it. Post it.
Spread the news.
The gift remains free.
HAU: Open Access, Copy Left, Peer Reviewed

Sean Dowdy
Managing Editor
HAU: Journal of Ethnographic Theory
HAU Books