You can download a manual of Hawaiian fishes from here

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13054500/Hawaii%20fish%20manual.pdf

it is 120 MB

But there is absolutely no substitute for a well organised comparative collection

From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of lvpeng
Sent: Wednesday, 10 September 2014 6:15 p.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Marine fishes from China

Dear all,

I am doing the research on one site in Hainan Island, China. This site is very close to South Sea, Pacific Ocean.

In this sites, lots of marine fishes have been found. Last time, some scholars gave me some good advice. This time, I found more bones belong to marine fishes. Some of them belong to wrasse and parrotfish, but the others I can not idenfied. Could you help me? And, please give me some advice about identify marine fishes, eg. Some books.

Thank you in advance.

You can find the picures below. Each picture has a ID number:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1565103913713545.1073741826.1564812900409313&type=1

--

    祝安

    吕鹏

2014910

吕鹏

LU Peng

中国社会科学院考古研究所,北京市王府井大街27
Institute of Archaeology,
Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
27 Wangfujing Street, Beijing. P. R. China
Postcode:100710

Tel: 010-64460270
E-mail: [log in to unmask]