Dear Dale,

The reference is: Barrett, J., A. Hall, C. Johnstone, H. Kenward, T. O'Connor and S. Ashby 2007 Interpreting the plant and animal remains from Viking-age Kaupang. In Kaupang in Skiringssal, edited by D. Skre, pp. 283-319. Aarhus University Press, Aarhus.

Best wishes,

James

On Sep 10 2014, Serjeantson D. wrote:

> Dear Colleagues, I am trying to track down a bone report for Kaupang in
> Norway but with no success as part of a quest for early medieval chickens
> in north-west Europe.
>
> I am sure that some helpful person will be able to tell me whether or not
> there is a report from Kaupang or other Viking and medieval sites in
> Norway.
>
>Perhaps  soil conditions were so poor that bone did not survive?
>
>Dale
>

>Dale Serjeantson
>Archaeology School of Humanities
>University of Southampton
>Highfield
>Southampton SO17 1BJ
>
>http://www.southampton.ac.uk/archaeology/about/staff/dale.page

-- Dr. J.H. Barrett Reader in Medieval Archaeology, Department of
Archaeology and Anthropology (Archaeology Division); Deputy Director,
McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research
http://www.arch.cam.ac.uk/directory/jhb41