From: Shelley Stamp <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Feminist Media Histories: Update+Request
Date: 2 September 2014 19:02:44 BST
To: Eylem Atakav <[log in to unmask]>, Weihong Bao <[log in to unmask]>, Monica Dall'Asta <[log in to unmask]>, Victoria Duckett <[log in to unmask]>, Terri Francis <[log in to unmask]>, Christine Gledhill <[log in to unmask]>, "Hilary A. Hallett" <[log in to unmask]>, Michele Hilmes <[log in to unmask]>, Alex Juhasz <[log in to unmask]>, Chika Kinoshita <[log in to unmask]>, Barbara Klinger <[log in to unmask]>, Annette Kuhn <[log in to unmask]>, Amanda Lotz <[log in to unmask]>, Neepa Majumdar <[log in to unmask]>, Judith Mayne <[log in to unmask]>, Anne Morey <[log in to unmask]>, Sawako Ogawa <[log in to unmask]>, Patrice Petro <[log in to unmask]>, Yeidy Rivero <[log in to unmask]>, heide schlüpmann <[log in to unmask]>, Laura Isabel Serna <[log in to unmask]>, Lynn Spigel <[log in to unmask]>, Jacqueline Stewart <[log in to unmask]>, Dan Streible <[log in to unmask]>, Haidee Wasson <[log in to unmask]>

Dear esteemed members of the Editorial Board,

I'm happy to report that we have some very exciting special issues lined up for 2015 and 2016.

FMH 1.1 -- featuring the work of a new generation of feminist media historians
FMH 1.2 -- Special Issue on "Useful Media" edited by Laura Isabel Serna
FMH 1.3 -- Special Issue on "New Materialisms" edited by Caetlin Benson-Allott
FMH 1.4 -- Special Issue on "Audio" edited by Michele Hilmes

and coming in 2016.....issues on Digital Archives (edited by Victoria Duckett and Jill Julius Matthews), Found Materials (edited by Monica D'all Asta and Alessandra Chiarini) and Costume and Fashion (edited by Drake Stutesman).

I am also writing with a (rather urgent!) request:  two contributors have dropped out of our inaugural issue, one very recently.  Since the issue is intended to highlight scholarship by up-and-coming feminist media historians, can you recommend any junior colleagues or graduate students who are doing particularly interesting work?  And who would be able to turn around an article in the next month?  I'm especially interested in folks working on media other than film --TV, radio, video, digital media, games, etc. -- but at this point I can't afford to be too choosy!  The production deadline looms.....

Thanks, as always, for your guidance,
Shelley
Shelley Stamp
Professor of Film & Digital Media
Pavel Machotka Chair in Creative Studies
University of California, Santa Cruz

Founding Editor, Feminist Media Histories
http://www.ucpressjournals.com/journal.php?j=fmh