Variationistas,

In my World Englishes class this year, I'm hoping to include among illustrations of
Jamaican Creole a clip of Usain Bolt speaking JC.

I've found a clip whose title suggests it's what I'm after, but it's very short and
I'm really not sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd7p5JICtiI

What do we think? And if this is JC, could anyone provide a brief transcription (and
English gloss)? Hopefully this would be handy for anyone else teaching these topics
as well.

And since I'm on the subject, here's another old classic that I'll be using -
displaying the song's lyrics on a slide and highlighting various JC features.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the Bolt clip.

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University, UK