That's an interesting little detail. In practice our latest ones do indeed only have a single processor, but they also don't have any PCI cards since they have the 10Gbit Ethernet on the motherboard, and that's all we need.

Speaking of interesting details, it should be noted that Dell's basic warranty only covers SATA disks for a year, which is a bit useless for a disk server. If anyone's buying without going through a tendering process, be aware that you either need SAS disks, or a Pro Support warranty - just ticking the box for 'five year NBD warranty' doesn't do it; that just gets you the five years on the rest of the box.

Ewan