Dear Susan,

if the images are from different scanning sessions I would expect
origins and direction cosines to be different after coregistration. You
should check whether the images are in good registration when displayed
in e.g. CheckReg. If they are, everything should be ok. The non-zero
voxel count will vary after spm_imcalc depending on interpolation settings.

Best,

Volkmar