Hi Jan,

although I'm not quite sure what your experimental design is (block, event-reated), I guess you can test this hypothesis by taking the contrast faces vs. words or faces/words vs. baseline for example. I recommend taking a look at the spm manual, especially the example datasets.

greetings

Dear colleagues,

I'm new and have no experience with SPM. To introduce myself, I' study psychology in Germany. I did an fmri experiment. I had my probands view words and faces to find out about emotional valence effects. I wanted to check on valence hypothesis (positive stimuli processed in left hemisphere, negative in right). This hemisphere asymetry should be especially true for PFC. Is anyone into this matter and knows whether I have to do a Whole Brain Analysis or ROI Analysis to test valence hypothesis, and especially for PFC.

Many Thanks in advance.

Have a beautiful day.