Dear Experts,

I want to make sure I am doing this right: I have 2 tasks (1 and 2) with 2 conditions in each (A and B), and two groups (control and patient, n=30 each). Each task is performed three times by each subject. For a first level analysis, for every task I add the 3 sessions and set up the conditions and contrasts to get A-B and B-A. I then want to compare the differences for control vs patient, so I perform a 2-sample t-test using the contrasts I created (n=30 each group). However, even though eyeballing the contrasts show clear group differences, the 2-sample t-test doesn't show significant differences. Would it be statistically wrong to analyze each session separately, and then drop them all into the 2-sample t-test (so I would have n=90 for each group since each session was repeated 3 times). Or is there a better way to do this?

Thank you so much for your time!
Omer Liran