Dear all,

I have the following question about the nature of a full-factorial design and the subsequent ANOVA analysis: if my experimental design contains 3 factors that are only partially orthogonal, can I call it a full-factorial design? Based on my knowledge, a full-factorial design requires each level of each factor to contain all possible level combinations of all other factors. My design satisfies this criterion, but given most full-factorial designs do also contain orthogonal factors, I am not sure whether orthogonality is also a requirement?

Also, does orthogonality influence the ANOVA analysis based on those factors?

Many thanks for any input.

Robin