An invitation to contribute towards a landscape document to map the Agri-science and Physical Science Landscape

Your chance to define the landscape of agri-science / physical science research in the UK

Deadline extended until 16th September 2014

Dear All,

AGRI-net, the Agri-science Chemical Biology network, has commissioned a review of the agri-science and chemical biology communities, and we would really appreciate it if you could spare a few moments of your time to complete this short questionnaire, as we are keen to draw upon your knowledge, expertise and opinions.

THE AIM

The aim of the Landscape Document is to:

·         Create a greater understanding of the degree of cohesion between the Agri-Science (defined in this context as the plant, fungal and insect sciences) and Physical Science (e.g. chemistry, physics, mathematics, engineering etc.) communities, by identifying the capacity and capability landscape from both an academic and industrial perspective.

·         Report on the major challenges/bottlenecks that are currently limiting the agri-sciences, and highlight examples of tools and technologies that could be applied to address one of the world’s grand challenges, crop sustainability.

THE RESULTS

The results from this review will be sent to the Research Councils, Government, and will be circulated around the academic and industry research communities.

THE DEADLINE

We would appreciate it if you could complete this questionnaire – please note that the deadline has been extended until the 16th September

We really would be very grateful for your input. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr Sarah Al-Beidh (our new project coordinator: [log in to unmask]).

Best wishes,

Laura Barter and Rudiger Woscholski.

Dr Laura M. C. Barter

Director of AGRI-net