Hi all,

Some pictures of a flood at our office last year. Apparently a plumber was replacing a radiator in an office upstairs and inadvertently cut through a mains water pipe...

The first picture shows the leak starting and the last picture was taken about 90 seconds after - you'll note that the PCs are still on! All the notes on the desks were destroyed and the PCs on the floor were damaged beyond repair - luckily we all use university file servers so no important work was lost.

I use these in our RDM training to show:

1.       Why you never keep your data in 1 place

2.       Why you should always photocopy your paper documents

3.       That even university offices aren't safe

This seems to get the message across!

Tom

----

Dr Thomas Parsons
Researcher Training & Development Manager
The Graduate School
Research & Graduate Services
The University of Nottingham