From: Research Data Management discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Isabel.Chadwick
Sent: 12 September 2014 10:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Examples of good and bad RDM

Hi all,

I’ve got a small (growing) collection of examples of good and bad Research Data Management to use as examples when I speak to researchers about the importance of RDM. These are generally news stories, but I also have a few posters drawn by silly PHD students who’ve lost their laptop/USB/data etc.

I was just wondering if anyone else had any good examples they could share? Ideally I’d like to have examples from a range of academic disciplines to engage researchers in all our faculties. Most of the examples I have so far are of disasters/successes for scientists.

I’m particularly looking for good news stories about data sharing in education at the moment, but anything is useful.

Happy to share what I’ve got with anyone who’s interested!

Isabel

Isabel Chadwick

Research Data Management Librarian

Library Services, The Open University