The Smithsonian Works to Digitize Millions of Documents - WSJ

"Sometimes I hesitate when people ask what I'm doing with my retirement
because I don't want to seem nerdy," said Mr. Cantor, who lives in
Jerusalem.

In an epic effort to turn the reams of archival material at Washington's
Smithsonian Institution into digitally searchable files, museum officials
have turned to the crowd: They've created a new Transcription Center that
allows any interested person to sift through scanned, handwritten documents
and submit their own transcriptions online. On the center's site, which
officially launched last month, people like Mr. Cantor can click on a
photocopy of a document, zoom in, decipher its sentences and send in their
typed transcription with a click.

http://on.wsj.com/1sL4MQP

Source:
http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-smithsonian-works-to-digitize-millions-of-documents-1410464327
See if people are clicking on this link: http://on.wsj.com/1sL4MQP+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
https://bitly.com/pages/sidebar