* Apologies for any cross-posting *

The Health Experiences Research Group, Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford is offering a new one-day course in Qualitative Secondary Analysis on Tuesday 25 November 2014.

Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at researchers who are interested in carrying out secondary analysis of existing datasets. It is suitable for those with existing experience in qualitative research methods and analysis. Note that this is NOT an introductory course in qualitative analysis.

Course aims
The course introduces participants to the principles and practice of using secondary analysis to investigate new research questions.

Course content
The course will include:

-               an overview of secondary analysis, including uses and sources of data

-               a discussion of key debates, criticisms and controversies surrounding its use

-               identifying archives and resources available for secondary analysis

-               examples of secondary analysis using the Health Experiences Research Group (HERG) data archive

-               sources of funding for secondary analysis projects

-               practical activities designed to give participants experience in conducting secondary analysis

Practical exercises and small group work will be used throughout the course to develop skills in secondary analysis. Feedback sessions will help improve understanding and provide opportunities for participants to relate the course to their own research projects.

Cost: £295

Further information
For further details about this course or to make a booking, please go to
https://www.oxforduniversitystores.co.uk/browse/product.asp?catid=165&modid=5&compid=1

The website also has information about our other qualitative research methods courses, including our one-week Introduction to Qualitative Research Methods, our 2-day courses in Qualitative Interviewing, and Analysing Qualitative Data, and our 1-day Introduction to Focus Group.

Our courses are very popular so please book early to avoid disappointment. Please pass this information on to anyone who might be interested and/or display it on your noticeboards.

Dr Jenny Hislop
Senior Researcher, Health Experiences Research Group
Co-ordinator, Qualitative Research Methods Teaching Programme
HERG Health Experiences Research Group

Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences

University of Oxford

Gibson Building

Radcliffe Observatory Quarter

Woodstock Road