what do you think of this job? x

Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 16:07:44 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PSCI-COM] Communications Role at Genetic Alliance UK
To: [log in to unmask]

About us
Genetic Alliance UK is the national charity working to improve the lives of individuals, patients and families affected by all types of genetic conditions. We are an alliance of over 160 patient organisations. Our aim is to ensure that high quality services, information and support are provided to all who need them.  We actively support research and innovation across the field of genetic medicine.

About the role
We are looking for an energetic and creative Communications Officer to join our team.  The role is an excellent opportunity to help Genetic Alliance UK, the national charity working to improve the lives of patients and families affected by all types of genetic conditions, to increase its impact and engage with existing and new audiences, raising awareness of our work and the difference we make.

In this important role you will lead on delivering high standard external communications.  Using a variety of communication channels and tools including websites, social media, newsletters, conferences, meetings and publications, the successful candidate will help to ensure that we tailor and target our messages effectively to our audiences, including: patient group members, individuals and families, colleagues and supporters including funders, the media and the general public.  Activities include maintaining and updating our website, planning and delivering external events, including our flagship event, the annual conference and managing relationships with the media.

We are looking for a graduate with experience in science and / or communications, with demonstrable ability in digital communications, design and with excellent written and verbal skills.  Experience of working with patients and families, patient groups, healthcare professionals and other groups involved in health services and scientific research would be desirable.

Details of the role
Term:  Full-time (35 hours a week), permanent.

Start date: October 2014
Remuneration:  £23,000 - £25,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Based at:  Unit 4D, Leroy House, 436 Essex Road, London N1 3QP

How to apply
To apply for this role, please access the job description at: www.geneticalliance.org.uk/jobs.htm
Please send a covering letter detailing your suitability for consideration and cv to Stuart Pritchard, Director of Development by email to: [log in to unmask]

·         The closing date for this role is Sunday 21st September, by 11pm.
·         Interviews will be held on Wednesday 24th September 2014 in our office in London.
--

Stuart Pritchard | Director of DevelopmentGenetic Alliance UK,  Unit 4D Leroy House,  436 Essex Rd,  London N1 3QP

www.geneticalliance.org.uk | twitter | facebook
Genetic Alliance UK's initiative Rare Disease UK has secured the Highly Commended award in the Payers / Policymakers category at the Communiqué Awards 2014.

The high commendation was received for our successful campaign to secure a UK Strategy for Rare Diseases for the 3.5 million affected by rare diseases in the UK who need health services that deliver better health outcomes.

Find out more on our website here.
Genetic Alliance UK is the national charity working to improve the lives of patients and families affected by all types of genetic conditions. We are an alliance of over 160 patient organisations.
Our aim is to ensure that high quality services, information and support are provided to all who need them. We actively support research and innovation across the field of genetic medicine.
Registered charity numbers: 1114195 and SC039299. Registered company number: 05772999.

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)
• Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com