Hi PSCI-Commers,

Some of you may be interested in this opportunity, or may wish to pass on to others who you know. It’s in our small but talented communications team, and the candidate would be in charge of our social media output, which is both creative and dynamic.

Details at this URL (you need to click the job title), or pasted below. Do get in touch with Ruth Francis ([log in to unmask]) off list to ask more:
http://www.biomedcentral.com/about/bmcjobs

Job Description

Social Media Officer

Full Time, Internet / Online / New Media, Publicity / Communications
BioMed Central Ltd, Greater London

Introducing ourselves
BioMed Central is the leading open access publisher of STM (Science, Technology and Medicine) research. Unlike traditional publishers, BioMed Central believes research should be free to access for anyone. Since it was founded in 2000, BioMed Central has successfully pioneered the open access publishing model and brought open access to the mainstream. With offices in London, North America and Asia, the company employees over 290 people across a range of operations including editorial, production, IT and commercial. BioMed Central is a vibrant and innovative company. It operates in a fast-paced and high-energy environment, hiring talented people who are passionate about science, technology, medicine and open access.

Job duties
Main Duties
o Manage all of BioMed Central’s main social media accounts and promote our content across different social media channels:
• Manage our Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Tumblr accounts
• Identify content to post
• Create custom content and images
• Write and schedule all posts to the various networks
• Monitor and respond to comments and enquiries
• Proactively engage with our followers
o Support BioMed Central staff to use social media and to promote their content on social media:
• Keep social media guidelines up to date
• Provide ad hoc guidance on how to set up social media accounts, how to use social media, and what content will work well on social media
• Identify potential attendees for Twitter workshops
• Deliver Twitter workshops
• Work with teams across the organization to help them promote their content on our accounts
• Run a monthly social lab meeting
• Send out company-wide emails to highlight key content
• Carry out internal communications about use of social media
o Helping to develop and deliver the social media strategy, working with the Blogs Manager.
o Monitoring and reporting on our social media work, producing a monthly SM Report and a quarterly KPIs report.
o Supporting the communications team:
• Writing blogs on a variety of topics
• Attending blogs panel meetings
• Supporting promotion of work carried out by the PR team
• Sharing knowledge with the rest of the team
o Monitoring social media trends and identifying new ways of promoting BioMed Central on social media.

Job requirements
Person Specification
Essential
• Educated to a degree level or equivalent
• Strong written, editing, and proof-reading skills
• A strong understanding of social media
• Experience of working with social media
• An interest in science and/or science comms

Please send your CV and covering letter, stating salary expectations and quoting the job reference (BMC/SMO/RF) to: HR, Floor 6, 236 Gray’s Inn Road, London, WC1X 8HB, or by email to: [log in to unmask].

BioMed Central offers a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, Give As You Earn Scheme, Volunteering scheme and an employee support programme.

BioMed Central Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.

--
Anna Perman

  http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/anna-perman/84/292/b40

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com