Hay is outback New South Wales, Doug and the workshop was at Melbourne Uni, run by Steven (Aus novelist) Carroll. It was part of a VATE conference (Victorian Association of Teachers of English) where you select various slots, some of which you know little or nothing about or, like this woman, soon discover you don't fancy.

beay? Can't interpret your typo this early.

Cheers,
Bill