Dear list members,

The following position maybe of interest to members.

Best wishes, Alberto

From: "Natalie Helbig" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, September 4, 2014 7:52:45 PM
Subject: Faculty Position - University at Albany

Dear Colleagues,

See posting for faculty position at the University at Albany:

Assistant or Associate Professor of Public Policy

Department of Public Administration & Policy

Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy

University at Albany - SUNY

The Department of Public Administration & Policy in the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy seeks to hire a scholar of public policy at either the Assistant or Associate Professor rank. We welcome applications from candidates interested in a wide range of policy areas (for instance, homeland security, health policy, information policy, social welfare policy, etc.), but have a particular interest in environmental policy / sustainability with a focus on climate change policy, management of the consequences of climate change, or management of climate-induced disasters and events at the local, state/provincial, national, or multi-national levels.

We are seeking to build our capacity in the emerging field of "policy informatics”. Preference will be given to scholars that use advanced analytic techniques (statistical modeling, mining “big data,” automated text processing, social network analysis, etc.), computational modeling (such as agent-based models or system dynamics), and/or communication technologies (such as social media or participatory platforms) to leverage diverse data sources to foster innovations in policy, governance processes, and institutions.

Additional preference will be given to scholars that have experience working in research-practice partnerships and/or communicating directly with citizens, policymakers, and other stakeholders about public policy problems. Experience with grant development is a plus, as is contribution to any of the Department’s areas of distinctive competence (see the list below). We prefer candidates that can contribute to our existing undergraduate, MPA, and/or doctoral programs as well as our new Masters of International Affairs (MIA) program. The successful candidate must hold a Ph.D. in public policy, economics, political science, sociology, atmospheric or climate sciences, or an allied field by August 2015.

Rockefeller College is home to a diverse group of scholars interested in teaching and research on issues of importance in the public and nonprofit sectors. Ranked 16th overall by US News and World Report, the Department of Public Administration and Policy offers an undergraduate major, a Masters in Public Administration (MPA), and a PhD in Public Administration and Policy. The Department is nationally ranked in IT/e-government, public management, non-profit management and public finance/public financial management. Additionally, the Department has highly active programs of research in homeland security, health policy, financial market regulation, and system dynamics. Expanding research, course offerings, and community service in public policy is a major strategic priority. We actively seek and support demographic diversity in our faculty and student body. To learn more about the Department visit our website at http://www.albany.edu/rockefeller/pad.shtml.

Rockefeller College is a unit of the University at Albany, State University of New York. Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages 18,000 diverse students in ten schools and colleges across three campuses. Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.

Review of applications will start immediately upon receipt of applications. To ensure full consideration applications must be received by October 1, 2014.  We strongly encourage applicants to file their materials immediately. Use this link to apply: http://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=51161

Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to work with and instruct culturally diverse groups of people. A Ph.D. must be from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization. Address correspondence to: R. Karl Rethemeyer, Chair, Department of Public Administration and Policy. Applicants should provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a writing sample, teaching evaluations, and three letters of recommendations.

Federal regulations require notice to all prospective employees with information on crimes that occurred on campus. Please refer to the following website for complete details:  http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml.

Natalie Helbig, PhD

Assistant Research Director

Center for Technology in Government

University at Albany

187 Wolf Road, Suite 301

Albany, NY 12205

voice:  (518) 442-4813

fax:    (518) 442-3886

To unsubscribe from the PIN-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(PIN-L,SIGNOFF);

--

Dr. E.A.J.A. (Etiënne) Rouwette
Associate Professor