From: Open Education Special Interest Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Holley, Debbie
Sent: 14 September 2014 12:43
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Notes and ideas from the SIG meeting - please reply with your ideas...

OERSIG – notes from our ALT SIG meeting

General themes identifies – which of these should be priorities? (or may none – what are your ideas?)

·        Ideas for webinars?

·

·        FE - 10% of learning must be online - can we assist?

·        Media and video SIG could we do something around this?

·        Award for OER, linked to conference 14/15 April in Cardiff Tuesday and Wednesday #oerconf Cable Green keynote

·        Ethos of OER?

·        Open Europa may have a contribution

General discussion notes from Debbie's group (Debbie H) – anything here we should discuss further?

Define discussion between OER and MOOCs

What do we mean? A lot of work to be done to educate/ inform colleagues Systems and processes for open - Coventry case study?

What to policies look like? Enthusiasts role not enough - can SIG work bottom up?

Meta tagging protocols (for evaluated work) has to be easy to access Disciplinary theme International Impact eg South African colleagues How do we share?

Group 1 signposting and advocacy

Group 2 Institutional  control of IP, attitudes to copyright - disempowers engagement by individuals, linking to senior teams - policy implications

Group 3 webinar / workshop for newbys, point to best of existing guidance and make it OER; idea of case studies of reuse - pull together ALT open repository

Group 4 people good at creating but not reuse and repurpose - let the students do it - how do we get academics to OK this?

Best regards Debbie

Dr Debbie Holley FCILT MCIPS PFHEA FRSA NTF

Reader in Education & Technology

University Teaching Fellow; National Teaching Fellow (NTF)  & Principal Fellow of the HEA

Co-convenor Education, Technology & Computing Research Cluster

Department of Education, FHSCE

William Harvey Building (4th floor)

Anglia Ruskin University

Bishop Hall Lane