From: Julie Leonard <[log in to unmask]>
To: OCC-HEALTH <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 9:48
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Modified duties and phased return

Hi Thelma
 in my opinion as and OH advisor you must advise the business based on your medical risk assessment.For example, if you have reviewed an employee, and despite the modification/restriction to the role and the medical treatment that they are having, their symptoms are persisting, your your advice is given  on the assessment that you have made.
In your rationale you may add that there is clinical or is not clinical reason for the continued persisting symptoms, but then add that it is up to the business if they can accommodate the advice. If the rehabilitation falls outside of the companies guideline it is up to them to decide from a business perspective what is acceptable. We are giving our advice based on our assessment, and not based on the companies guidelines within the policy. In addition . OH advisors should not judge who is or isn't abusing systems this is the managers job based on our advice.
 hope this helps - be strong.
 Jules